Fluent Commerce provides a cloud-native order and inventory management platform used by global retail brands which enables retailers to offer a range of omnichannel fulfilment options, such as Click and Collect, Ship to Store, Ship from Store, and omnichannel returns.
Touchdown PR was hired in 2020, with the aim to increase brand awareness in the UK and gain media market share – primarily in retail and business publications, as well as tech media.
An initial challenge for the team was working within a market where earned opportunities are limited, especially for technology vendors whilst ensuring Fluent Commerce became well known in this market.
Through a steady pipeline of news announcements, thought leadership, editorial opportunities and commentary around relevant issues, Touchdown educated the market about the Fluent Commerce brand.
Working with Fluent Commerce’s key experts, Touchdown regularly tracks the news cycle for stories that they could provide relevant expert commentary on, working closely with the team to circulate this news and insight with key journalists.
The team also worked on reinforcing Fluent Commerce’s culture and values by developing a combination of expert commentary and proactive features, around topics such as women in tech, company culture and mental health awareness.In addition, they created a multi-region research campaign in the form of a Holiday Shopping Survey to explore changing shopping habits ahead of the Christmas season.
Working closely with Australian-based Bench PR, Touchdown’s collaborative approach across regions and agencies, is what Fluent Commerce cites as a key component of the teams’ global success.
Pieces of coverage across 3 regions
Percent of coverage target reached
Percent of coverage was in retail publications
In 2021, Touchdown secured more than 200 coverage results for Fluent Commerce in EMEA, double the team’s target. The agency’s remit also expanded to include France and the US. Using high-quality thought leadership, news, expert commentary and case study materials, the team were able to secure coverage in multiple tier one retail, tech and HR titles across all regions.
A few highlights include:
- Retail Gazette: Why is Primark resisting the shift to online?
- The Grocer: How cloud-based systems can keep track of inventory across disparate systems
- Verdict: How technology is preparing high street retailers for the pandemic-struck Christmas season
- Retail Destination: Almost 10,000 chain stores disappeared in 2020
- Charged Retail: The Art of Reinvention: Shopping Centres-as-a-Service
- Retail Technology: CASE STUDY: How JD beat COVID
- Retail Systems: IKEA expects supply chain crisis to continue into 2022
- Total Retail: Top Holiday Shopper Trends 2021: Why This Year is Going to be Different